Monday, July 31, 2006

Keith Christensen

Being endorsed by Mayor Anderson is not the same as being Mayor Anderson. When we interviewed Keith Christensen Friday, he talked the whole time about how we should remember SLC Mayor is a non- affiliated race. I completely agree with him, and I believe the non- affiliated status should be strictly respected by candidates. But Mayor Anderson just finished a City Council battle in District 3 where his loyal base argued for months that Party affiliation DOES matter even in a non partisan race. All we heard about was party affiliation. The campaign's admitted strategy was "I'm a Democrat, I'm a Democrat, I'm a Democrat. Did I mention I'm a Democrat?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I would endorse Eric Jergensen.

Although I'm a Democrat it is easy to speculate that Jergensen would be the best person for the job. Is he even interested?

I hope so.

7/31/2006 08:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Democrats elected Eric.

8/01/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Oldenburg said...

I voted against Eric because he never answered my emails about trash pick up or other constituent service.

If you want to be an elected official, you have to at least pretend to represent the people by pretending to listen to them.

8/02/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Geurts said...

Keith's got my vote. Read up more on him at www.KeithForMayor.com

3/24/2007 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home