Monday, May 22, 2006

Here In My Car Part 2

More from the Deseret News article on public officials and their cars. Dell Loy Hansen: His explanation was the most ridiculous of them all. He bought a Benz so he could fit into SLC where people "wear their wealth". Riiiiight. Move over Vegas, here comes gaudy SLC. Sounds like Hansen has a bit of lingering guilt over his obscene wealth. "I just wanted to fit in". You can't buy class, man. Senator Orrin Hatch: "Um, I've been looking, actually, for, um, a hybrid, yeah. I was going to trade in my Cadillac next week. It's true, I promise." Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.: A "flexible- fuel" suburban? When was the last time his driver filled it with ethanol. That's what I thought. Carolyn Tanner Irish: A Subaru Outback. Let me fill out her profile: Avenues resident, loves dogs. Stereotypes are fun! Senate President John Valentine: This one took me by complete surprise. U President Michael Young: "My wife made me buy it". Classic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reach Upward said...

Where in Utah can you buy E85? Of course, I suppose the Guv should be able to get his own supply to fuel the fleet.

5/23/2006 07:35:00 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

This D-News article is really stupid.

5/23/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger EAC said...

you gotta love bennett though. hatch could really learn a thing or two from him.

5/23/2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Pete Ashdown said...

What I Drive

5/23/2006 03:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see so many are buying foreign cars.

American cars are crap.

5/30/2006 09:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home