Thursday, March 23, 2006

Carolina Pulled Pork. A Review.

The Utah Democratic Party hosted Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer at a lunch. The menu included your choice of Carolina Pulled Pork or Roasted Chicken. I chose the pork. This is my story. The pork was served on a roll with cole slaw, so I intuitively reached with my hands to consume sandwich- style. I observed all at my table and surrounding tables were eating their pulled pork with knife and fork. I checked to see if any of the dignitaries were using their hands. That would have given me the necessary cover. I was forced to use the fork and knife. Late- comer Rep. Ralph Becker used his hands, and I regretted I had finished before he arrived. The pork had good flavor, but was a bit dry. The slaw had a good bite and I liked the potatoes, but would have like them better with a bit more cheese. (more cheese is my culinary cure- all) Dessert was peach/blueberry cobbler. Mighty tasty. Rob Miller had the roasted chicken. For his review of the roasted chicken, go to The Utah Amicus.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ethan, what do you think about the whole Mount Olivet issue?

3/23/2006 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger steve u. said...

Corby Kummer, look out.

3/23/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How, my dear Ethan, could you overlook the fabulous salad served WITH the pulled pork? P.S. I ate the pork with my bare hands but I'm from Southern Utah and we have no couth.

3/24/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger JM Bell said...

this was quite entertaining.

3/24/2006 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Marlin said...

Eating a pulled pork sammich with your hands is acceptable. Who cooked the pulled pork?

3/29/2006 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home