Monday, February 06, 2006

Rep. Margaret Dayton Is Magic

I do a bit of work for KCPW when I'm at the legislature, and I let Rep. Margaret Dayton know I was interested in recording a conversation with her. Her assistant came out to see what I wanted and to let me know Rep. Dayton had to meet Congressman Bishop and didn't have time. I told her I just needed a few minutes when she left the House Chamber then I found out: Assistant: "She's upstairs wating for Congressman Bishop to leave the Senate" Me: "I could just talk with her while she's waiting in the hall" Ass: "No, that's not possible [audible 'ding ding' sounds in the House Chamber] and as you can see, there's a vote going on right now." Me: "So she's in the House Chamber voting?" Ass: "Yes" Two locations at once. Not bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous JackJack said...

Lying, it would seem, is much like breathing to the Repubs on the Hill. Habitual. If only one or the other could negate ...

2/06/2006 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a past intern on the hill, the number one thing you must learn.....how to effectively run from the press without getting caught and making yourself look like an idiot. I was amazing at it...and I worked for the democrats.

ALB

2/06/2006 02:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree - dems are just as habitual at lying up there.

2/06/2006 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home