Monday, January 16, 2006

At The Legislature

The House and Senate galleries are packed full today. Standing room only. I noticed Wasatch Brewery bottles standing on the desks of one half of the Senators. I wonder what that's all about. I intend to find out. That's the difference between me and real journalists up here. I ask all the questions no one cares about but me. I had a chance to hear a choir group sing one of Senator Orrin Hatch's songs. Something about Arlington Cemetery. It sounded suspiciously like a lot of other songs I've heard floating around Utah.

7 Comments:

Blogger Charley Foster said...

Are they bottles of a particular beer, or did they break into a variety pack from Costco?

Do let us know what you find out. I'm intrigued. Good journalism, citizen.

1/16/2006 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Logan said...

Maybe today is going to be a long one and they just wanted to start early. A little mid-morning buzz to get through the singing choirs.

1/16/2006 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they were bottles of Polygamy Porter maybe this story has legs. Who knows how deep this goes?

1/16/2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger essdawg said...

If I were up there on Capitol Hill listening to Orrin Hatch songs, sung by a chior... I would need a brewski too!

1/16/2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

In Rolly's column today, he says that the empty beer bottles are from Tom Barberi. The are Evolution Ale.

I was going to be up there today, but a family emergency has required me to stay by the phone. I hope to make it up there a couple times.

1/16/2006 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Reach Upward said...

A children's choir singing Perma-Hatch songs? Sounds chilling. Or is he better at songwriting than at serving Utah as a Senator?

1/16/2006 01:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a petition should be started for Orrin to perform all of his greatest hits "live" next time he's in town. The "End Zone" would be all over that. Maybe Orrin could even replace Chunga?...though I'm sure the material wouldn't improve much.

MF

1/16/2006 05:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home