Monday, December 19, 2005

Councilman Dale Lambert To Retire

I met Councilman Dale Lambert when he was still Candidate Lambert. He's a good guy. It's too bad that so often the people we need most in politics are the ones most able to set it aside. He promised one term, he delivered one term, and now he's gone. From the Tribune's interview with him: Tribune: Can council members who are LDS be unbiased when they vote on things that deal with the LDS Church? Councilman Lambert: "Do I think a member of the LDS Church on the City Council can act independently? I think my colleagues did, and I know that I did. I suppose you could reverse that question, given the seriousness of the religious divide: Can a non-LDS person serve on the council and, if a so-called church issue arises, can they be objective? I think for the most part the answer is yes as well."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lambert was awesome. He was a great democrat. He kicked hard against Rocky and represented District 7 well.

12/19/2005 04:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on man!

He kicked Rocky's butt.

Offhand, I can't think of anything is particular, but he did.

Awesome dude!

12/19/2005 05:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREN!

TIME FOR SCHOOLLLLL!!!

12/20/2005 11:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Simon Sorenson continues to fight Rocky like Dale did.

Dale is a great democrat, I hope we seen him run again soon for office. He is a credit to SLC.

12/20/2005 11:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Soren will do as Rocky says. He did not say much about Rocky during the campaign. I heard rumors of Soren becoming one of Rocky's minons on the Council.

12/26/2005 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Joseph Smith, Jr. said...

Interesting blog. Enjoyed reading it.

Sincerely,

Joseph Smith Jr.
Stake President
http://www.whatismormonism.com

1/07/2006 05:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home