Friday, October 07, 2005

There's Going To Be Violence

October 12th is the next of Mayor Rocky Anderson's Freedom Forums. This one is "Freedom to Criticize the Government" so of course it's about himself heroically "indicting the Bush administration" but it's NOT about the local media criticizing him (the government) because as he enlightened us in his press release, the media is actually "nothing more than a bulletin board for dishonest government propaganda". But the local media refuses be a bulletin board for HIS government, which is of course why he thinks they're like the Taliban who used media as a bulletin board for propaganda. But the local media refuses to be the Mayor's bulletin board which is why they are like the Taliban. Mayor Anderson is truly one of the great intellectual pretzel makers of our time. According to the release, panelists include Ken Bingham of Oblogatory Andecdotes and Paul Mero of The Sutherland Institute, so I'd take along a helmet if I were you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

As far as I can tell, Rocky isn't going to be a panelist. Is that correct? Ken gave the impression that he was (and intends to bludgeon him every chance he gets).

10/07/2005 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I don't know how much the Mayor will be involved in the discussion.

I do know that the combination of personalities has the potential to be, well, let's say interesting.

10/07/2005 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

I will be well prepared. Rocky has given us so much material to throw at him there won't be enough time to get it all in. It is going to a great experience, I am really looking forward to it.

I will be representing bloggers so I am going to do my best for my fellow citizen journalists.

10/07/2005 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Richpoo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/07/2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/08/2005 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Spam, Spam, Spam, don't you hate blog Spam? I especially don't want Rich poo! How about you? (c8

10/08/2005 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/08/2005 06:19:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/08/2005 09:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home