Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mayor Tom Dolan

Sandy Mayor Tom Dolan is refusing to debate his opponent Gary Forbush. Mayor Dolan quotes as found in the Tribune: "I'm not going to give him a forum to spout misinformation" - That's secred Mayor code for "It's my moustache's job to make me look silly, not Gary Forbush's job." "Tell him to go run his own campaign, I'm running my own." - We all recognize the "I'm not playing with any of you anymore". I know Mayor Dolan is refusing the debate because he's made it abundantly clear he doesn't respect his opponent and he feels he's locked up his re- election anyway. But in refusing multiple invitations to debate, Mayor Dolan shows he doesn't respect our democratic process and that he doesn't respect the citizens of Sandy enough to show up in person and make his case like a man. He's hiding behind his money.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding post, Ethan.

10/27/2005 04:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Dexter said...

Dude it's like you read my mind.....

It's ok that Tommy doesn't respect democracy. Because I don't respect him. And until he's out of office, I won't be spending a damn dime in sandy- not for the soccer team, not for burgers, not for golf... nothing.

10/27/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would take a lot more than a new Mayor to help Sandy. At least getting rid of Dolan would be a good start.

Logan

10/28/2005 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post!! I like the moustache comment. hehehe

I think this is the first post where Dexter and I see eye to eye.

10/28/2005 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous holycow said...

Tom Dolan CAN'T LOSE. He's one of them good ol' boys. What will they do if he loses?

10/31/2005 08:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 years is long enough. Besides, Tom can now retire with the hidden residuals he'll make from his influence peddling. The new Sandy Soccer team, his piece of "inheritance" with the Quarry Bend project - that will allow him to live far more comfortable than the fellow citizens of his community.

11/04/2005 06:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home