Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sandy Likes the Worst Restaurants

There was a nifty rumor circulating around Sandy that Mayor Dolan's gravel pit development would include The Cheesecake Factory restaurant. Supposedly, this was supposed to win people over to Dolan's side. Personally, I would support nuclear waste storage there before a Cheesecake Factory. Fortunately the rumor proved false. It was a believable one, however, considering the other Boyer Company "Big Fish Little Pond Extravaganza", The Gateway Mall. The Gateway (Dodo excepted) is one big culinary race to the bottom.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Sandy and I keep seeing all these signs on everybody's yards... "Save the gravel pit" Give me a break! That gravel pit is an eyesore. From the time I was 3 until 9 my family lived in the neighborhood just above the gravel pit. Back then there was about 30 yards between the lip of the gravel pit and the nearest backyard. Now there is about 15 feet. That is about 80 feet in 18 years. At this rate all the homes up there will be at the bottom of the gravel pit in another 5 to 10 years. They shouldn't have signs that say "Save the gravel pit" they should have signs that say "Save my home before it falls into the gravel pit!".

S*

9/27/2005 10:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like restaurants that suck - never have. But then, I'm just one person - my vote won't count.

9/27/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what has gravel pit done for me lately?

9/27/2005 01:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 'Gravel Pit' would be an awesome name for a local mom and pop/greasy spoon burger joint.

"Welcome to the Gravel Pit, please order when you're ready."

It just seems like a place that would have really good chilli cheese fries you know?

-Ryan

9/28/2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Cheese fries.
You said the magic word

9/28/2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Brother Roy said...

Nevada

10/05/2005 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home