Saturday, July 30, 2005

Speaking of Tom Barberi

His City Weekly article was an interesting read. The prose was nauseatingly condescending (he'd make a good blogger), but still He was on to something important when he linked the "bible thumper" conservative movement to Senator Chris Buttars and Gayle Ruzicka of the Eagle Forum. Some Utah Mormon politicians feel the need to take their cue from the Evangelical movement. They confuse Utah conservatism with Evangelical conservatism. I believe they are not the same. Nor do they make good bedfellows. Just ask the fat guys squatting twice a year on North Temple. Senator Buttars, they hate you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charley Foster said...

I don't entirely agree. I suppose I should write about it myself. If I did, the short version of one of the points I would make is that the fat asses wearing temple garments on their heads at conference are not representative of Evangelicals generally.

7/31/2005 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez
[url=http://bk-magazin.com][/url]

3/02/2007 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home