Friday, July 29, 2005

Senator Hatch and Election Year Bribery

Senator Orrin Hatch announced money for Utah transportation projects. 1.8 billion Hatch said: "This is the most federal funding ever committed to Utah in a transportation bill and it is long overdue.” Long overdue!!?? Senator, you've been there longer than I've been alive. Why is something as basic as this so "long overdue". Now you show up? It's long overdue because you don't get it done. I'm sorry, I'm not going to cheer you for finally doing your job now that you've got younger, more intelligent, and better looking guys breathing down your neck Before I would have said this nicer, but not now: GO HOME!

2 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

Shouldn't that read, "COME HOME!" ?

But I am not sure I want that either.

7/30/2005 02:16:00 AM  
Blogger steve u. said...

That "better looking guys" bit is appreciated. I'm a little touchy since Dougall told me at dinner last night that I need to lose weight for the campaign. Dougall! I'd put up a link here to the picture on his website if I knew how. I'd have to call Dougall to ask how to do it; given the hour and the project, he'd probably not be his usual cheery self. By the way, as he told me to join Jenny Graig, I could barely see him over the stack of ribs he had piled on his plate.

8/02/2005 11:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home