Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mayor Anderson

Today's Tribune ran an interesting article on Mayor Anderson. It's titled, "Rocky revered outside Utah" That's great, but SLC NEEDS ITS MAYOR!!! We're wrapping up two terms with Mayor Anderson, and what do we have to show for it? Island parking on 2nd and 3rd South. His "Bridging the Religious Divide" went great, just ask Leslie Reynolds- Benns. What about the development in the NSL owned land? The City Council was quietly doing fine blocking development until Mayor Anderson got involved and the whole thing degraded into a shouting match with the NSL mayor. Perhaps he felt he needed a sequel to the juvenile bumper sticker war he had with Davis County earlier this year. A mayor is supposed to promote and organize and push new economic opportunities and developments, but the only new thing to hit downtown was conceived, organized and funded entirely by the LDS Church. We got spanked on the Salt Palace expansion and the RSL stadium. We have no leadership. I'm with him, though, on the (terrifyingly named) Legacy Highway thing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charley Foster said...

I've watched the Religious Divide Krap on public TV numerous times. I find I perversely can't take my eyes off the parade of self-pity. And I'm not even a Mo.

7/10/2005 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Reach Upward said...

I think Rocky has drifted into a malaise. He's seems to have lost interest in the core of the mayoral job while maintaining an interest in controversy and personal publicity.

7/11/2005 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

SLC Jazz Fest is a Rocky-led thing.

And I agree with the crap that is the BTRD things.

-Bob

7/11/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous dexter said...

so what are you going to bitch about when rocky is gone?

7/11/2005 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I've got House Speaker Greg Curtis in my crosshairs.

7/11/2005 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

10/14/2005 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home