Friday, April 22, 2005

Paul Rolly Quoted Someone Who Quoted the Governor

Paul Rolly took a cue today from Brian Watkins' blog. Brian deserves credit for being quick with the pen and jotting down the essence of Huntsman's recent interview. But I'd think an actual journalist like Rolly would want to take five minutes and track down the actual conversation before he put the Governor in quotes. After all, if I could do it, couldn't a professional journalist? Here it is. Schott: "Your statement that you believe in a living wage, isn't that kind of in opposition with the fact that you signed Howard Stephenson's bill that prohibited cities from requiring a living wage?" Huntsman: "I'm not familiar with Howard Stephenson's bill, all I will tell you, there was probably more to that bill if we did sign it that went beyond the minimum wage. I would be willing to engage in a discussion about the minimum wage going beyond $5.15, and I think it's a very fair issue to be discussing. In an era of escalating costs, particularly on the health care side, if we can do something on health care, if we can do something on insurance, I think that goes almost as far in one's budget making regardless of where you happen to find yourself as a family as any other single issue does." Schott: "I'm a little bit at a loss because it was a bill that Howard Stephenson did get passed by both houses, it was a bill that was directly targeted at Rocky Anderson, what he did by passing an executive order just before this last legislative session that gave preference in contracts to providers of services to cities that had a living wage. It was a bill that passed both houses, I don't have the number in front of me right now and you did sign that bill and that was the main purpose of it." Huntsman: "Well, I don't have that bill in front of me either, I don't know the number. All I will tell you is that I would be willing to engage in a discussion on minimum wage."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

admit it, your only problem with this is that it makes a republican look bad. Be honest.

4/23/2005 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I think it makes Paul Rolly look bad.

4/23/2005 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey anon1 - Did you miss this part?

"But I'd think an actual journalist like Rolly would want to take five minutes and track down the actual conversation before he put the Governor in quotes.

After all, if I could do it, couldn't a professional journalist?"

4/23/2005 02:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know anon2. Do you think all journalist live in their parents basements posting revolutionary blogs all day long? Maybe they don't have as much free time as you.

4/25/2005 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger Charley Foster said...

...in his pajamas.

I didn't know you lived in your parent's basement...or that you were partial to repubs.

4/26/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I'll clear this up right now. I USED to live in my parents basement.

4/26/2005 09:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home