Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mayor Anderson

In today's Deseret News, a poll made the exact same point I made twice in the last few months. Salt Lake City is willing to back Mayor Anderson. Not a shocker. BUT- They won't give him the farm. That's why the voters of SLC elected the present council of political moderates. When I helped Councilman Eric Jergensen campaign, one of the assurances voters frequently sought is that he would be willing to stand up to Mayor Anderson. (Remember this is in the Avenues and Capitol Hill, not at all conservative neighborhoods) So, even before the major controversies, voters in a liberal district wanted a city council that wouldn't cave to what they recognized as a very ambitious and unpredictable mayor. This year, expect little change on the city council. Mayor Anderson will not get his rubber stamp council. No mayor ever should. I can't believe he asked for one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reach Upward said...

Your description of Mayor Anderson as ambitious and unpredictable is very accurate. I have heard him described as liberal, smart, shrewd, and audacious among other things. All of these are true, but your description ties all of these together into his most important characteristics: ambitious and unpredictable.

3/17/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Charley Foster said...

I agree with you guys. But can I add, at times "overreaching and undiplomatic".

3/17/2005 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Logan said...

You are right. He is very ambitious. The one thing that I feel is predictable about the man is that most of the time it is me, me, me, what is good for me? I guess most politicians think that way.

3/17/2005 11:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bunch of weenies. Where's that unambitious politician alternative? Unpredictable? Perhaps if you work for the man. But his critics can be assured that he's on the opposite side of the issues that rankle them.

3/22/2005 03:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find great deals on eBay with the misspelledauctions.com search engine

Misspelledauctions.com


Awesome

11/02/2005 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home