Thursday, February 10, 2005

Today's "Gay Question" Tomorrow

I know Spencer Tinker, and I know he's not crazy. Still, he wrote a letter to the Deseret News this week that I know ruffled a few feathers. I think his overall point of the "rising generation" is well- taken. Every generation grows up in a world slightly different than their parents. Some differences are more cosmetic, some more fundamental. Experiences of youth help create the values and opinions of adulthood. Today's generation of youth, even conservatively raised youth, have more contact with openly gay citizens than previous generations. So this begs the question: In twenty years, what will be the conservative platform response to the "gay question"? Right or wrong, it will be very different from today's.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am to crazy, you lying "sons a'bitches'

2/10/2005 02:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think his comments in the Deseret News were great. It goes to show that people can accept others despite their religious beliefs.

3/04/2005 02:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home