Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Circling the Wagons at the Hotsheet

Okay, I'm against the (unfortunately named) Legacy Highway. That much should be clear by now. It's time, however to stick up for our beleaguered blogging brethren at the Legacy Parkway Hotsheet. Their recent publicity has brought some dissenting opinions, and I know the Hotsheet guys are fine with that. Unfortunately, it has also brought out some major jackasses. Here's the story: The two most demeaning and vocal repeat visitors to the site are "Justin" and "Michael". They have just been outed on the site as living in Portland and Washington D.C.. They accidentally reinforced one of the Hotsheet's claims that much of the major opposition to the highway comes from out of staters. And that those out of staters are jerks. The internet is open to all, and the Hotsheet is open to all, but just because we don't talk face to face doesn't mean we should leave behind polite society.

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Outed? What are you, a retard? When were we concealing our residences? They're on our blogger login identities, for chrissakes.

But isn't that all beside the point? Why are Utahns' opinions the only ones that count on the Legacy issue? Can't I care what happens to my hometown? My country? My civilization? Is Utah that discrete from the rest of the Western Culture?

2/16/2005 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger justin said...

Unfortunately we share the same name, and therefore this thread will be a little confusing. You can call me Justin2. SLC is my hometown too, and I currently reside here. I'm a little confused about your stance.


My take is that the Legacy issue is best decided by those who will be directly affected by it. After all, if a tree falls in the woods, and if it doesn't land directly on top of your cabin, then who really cares if it makes a sound?

2/16/2005 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger google_PEAK_OIL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/17/2005 08:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home