Monday, January 31, 2005

Because Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

I"m not sure how I feel about a total smoking ban in bars and clubs. This article in City Weekly does a good job of laying out the debate in an interesting way. Though I am undecided, I do know there are a lot of angry smokers who are SERIOUSLY OVERESTIMATING the impact such a ban would have. Little has changed in the New York City or Los Angeles nightlife since their bans. Why are so many people (who otherwise consider themselves rational, even open minded people) predicting our ban to be the death of Salt Lake City's nightlife? It's clear there are many smokers in SLC who have an axe to grind beyond the anti- smoking laws.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hey mate said...

Hey mate just a note to say I saw your blog and found it interesting. So if you have the time check mine out and say Hey mate. Also would like to exchange some links.
Thanks

1/24/2006 11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home